Monday, April 23, 2012

Clearing the land...

I claimed my community garden plot on Saturday. I showed up right at 10am in order to get a decent plot. This one looked nice. Close to the fence so Healy can join me (tied to fence) without walking in any beds. Luckily whoever used my plot last year used landscaping fabric so I was able to pull it up along with a large chunk of weeds. Then I mixed in something called bumper crop which is meant to enrich the soil. Then I attempted to turn in the bumper crop when a fellow gardener took pity on me and let me use his "roto-tiller" which tills the earth with a lot less effort. I left a rosemary plant and took out everything else. Sunday is rained and its supposed to be a little colder this so week so i didn't plant anything this weekend.

Next weekend I plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment